Calls and Vacancies
Updated November 30, 2023
Changes and additions from the past week highlighted in bold.
- Rev. Michael Hageman, TIG Partnership to St. Paul’s, Cheney – declined
- Rev. David Reber, St. Paul’s, Enid, OK to Zion, Downs – declined
- Rev. Kyle Whaley, Mt. Calvary, St. Ignatius and Zion, Polson to St. John, Nashville and Trinity, Medicine Lodge – pending
- Rev. Kyle Winter, The Church at Creston Lutheran, Kalispell, MT to Messiah, Hays – declined
PENDING ORDINATIONS AND/OR INSTALLATIONS
- Rev. Ryan Ankersen, Good Shepherd, Fremont, NE to Holy Cross, Wichita – accepted, installation pending
- Rev. Dr. Jerry Brownlee, Emeritus to Trinity, Holton – installation Sunday, Dec. 3, 2023
- Jaron Melin, Candidate to Herington Partnership – ordination Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023, at Holy Cross, Wichita; installation Sunday, January 7, 2024, at Our Redeemer, Herington, at 3:00 p.m.
VICARAGE ASSIGNMENTS 2023-2024
- Nathan Harkins – Beautiful Savior, Olathe
- Nash Ringquist – Trinity, Winfield
CONGREGATIONS CALLING OR PREPARING TO CALL A FULL-TIME PASTOR
- Arkansas City, Redeemer (sole)
- Burlington, Trinity (sole)
- Cheney, St. Paul’s (sole)
- Clay Center, St. Paul (associate)
- Downs, Zion (sole)
- Greenleaf, Bethlehem & St. Peter’s, Barnes (sole)
- Hays, Messiah (sole)
- Leavenworth, Trinity (associate) – seminary
- Medicine Lodge, Trinity & Nashville, St. John (sole)
- Mission and Shawnee, Trinity (senior)
- Vassar, Zion (sole)
- Wichita, Ascension (associate)
- Wichita, Risen Savior (associate) – seminary
CONGREGATIONS CALLING A COMMISSIONED MINISTER
- Emporia, Messiah – DCE
- Fairmount Ministries – Commissioned Minister
- Garden City, Trinity – Commissioned worker
- Overland Park, Christ – Principal
COMMISSIONED MINISTER CALLS – from the field
- Principal David Birnbaum, First, Ponca City, OK to Trinity, Atchison – accepted
- DCE William Prann, Candidate, Phoenix, AZ to St. Luke’s, Manhattan – accepted
- DCE Andrea Roettger, Trinity, St. Louis to Bethany, Overland Park – accepted
Pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.
Nathan Harkins (CSL), vicar, was assigned to Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, Olathe, in the Kansas District.
Two CTSFW candidates were called, and one vicar assigned to the Kansas District. From left: Mark Gaschler (pastor-elect, Immanuel, Linn), Olivia Gaschler, Colleen Ringquist, Nash Ringquist (vicar, Trinity, Winfield), President Justin Panzer, Nicholas Belcher (associate pastor-elect, St. John’s, Topeka) and Lauren Belcher.
Candidate calls from Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne (CTSFW): Mark Gaschler, pastor-elect to Immanuel Lutheran Church, Linn; Nicholas Belcher, associate pastor-elect to St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Topeka.
Vicarage assignments from Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne (CTSFW) and Concordia Seminary, St. Louis (CSL): Nash Ringquist (CTSFW) to Trinity Lutheran Church, Winfield; Nathan Harkins (CSL) to Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, Olathe.
Photos were taken during April 2023 Call Day, courtesy of CSL and CTSFW.