Welcome to the Kansas District page for the LCMS Youth Gathering!
To find out more about the 2022 Gathering in Houston, including the theme, guiding principles, frequently asked questions and more, please click the button above, which will take you to the national site.
Your coordinators here in Kansas are Amanda Adams (Christ, Topeka) and Debbie Dennett (Trinity, Winfield). Amanda and Debbie are busy scheduling buses to Houston, planning a Kansas District event, thinking about District shirts, and more! As they learn new information, they’ll share it with you here.
Basic information to help you plan
- District buses will leave July 7 & 8 (cost $165). If you ride the bus, transportation to the District Event and/or service project/NASA is covered.
- The service project & NASA will be July 8 (cost $30; project, lunch and NASA ticket included).
- UPDATE: The District event now be at the Stampede in Houston July 9 from 5-7 p.m.
- Watch for the design for District shirts in the fall (cost $12)
- Registration for events will open November 1, 2021 (the same day as Gathering registration).
Do you have a student or two interested but not enough for your own group, or would you prefer to pair with another group? Let Amanda and Debbie know! They are happy to assist in making this experience possible for everyone!
You can reach the Kansas District Coordinators at email@example.com.
District Event: Stampede Houston
Join your fellow Kansans at Stampede Houston for a Texas experience at the 2022 LCMS Youth Gathering on July 9 from 5-7 p.m. We will be serving up Texas BBQ with delicious sides. Be ready to take your photo with a live Texas Longhorn, learn to line dance, sing karaoke, ride the mechanical bull (with signed waiver) and more! This is a great chance to get to know other Kansas youth and leaders and spend some time in fellowship. If you ride District buses, you will be transported to the event and dropped off at the doors of Minute Maid park with plenty of time to find seats for the first Mass Event. Cost will be $40 per person; registration will open the beginning of November.